The new ChkBarcode version 1.3.3 is now available. New features in this minor release of the barcode verification system include among others:
- NEW: Code128 in the report extended by an
altfield (alternative clear text) with details on the technical structure of the code. The
altfield also contains the three different start symbols
[StartC]and, if present, toggle symbols such as
[CodeB]for a character set change within the code. Immediately before the
[Stop]symbol is an additional character which is the mandatory check symbol.
- Fix: ITF code (digit 0 could falsely be decoded as 1)
- Fix: Multi-page PDFs / wrongly measured quiet zones on page 2 and following
- NEW: Menu item Help > Manual (HTML) and Help > Manual (PDF)
- NEW: Menu item Help > Check for Updates
- NEW: Versioning scheme simplified, e.g. 1.3.0, 1.3.1, 1.3.2 etc.
- Fix: Detection of barcodes with very high BWR (Flexo printing)
ChkBarcode checks quickly and securely all barcodes directly in your ready-to-print PDFs. The verification software ChkBarcode finds 1D and 2D barcodes for you, determines the type, reads the contents and measures the quite zone, checks the dimensions, measures the barcode elements and determines the bar width reduction (BWR). Then it depends on your requirements. With ChkBarcode, you create a QS report and use the results to control your workflow.
Applications of ChkBarcode are among others: packaging, folding boxes, blister cards, brochures and commercials.
ChkBarcode is available as a 64-bit version for Windows and macOS. Both versions are based on the leading PDF technology of the Adobe® PDF Library™. Try ChkBarcode 1.3.3 now: free trial version at https://www.csci.de/en/chkbarcode/trial.