Compare two PDF documents - fast, incredibly easy and reliably. Just drop two PDF icons into the PDiff window… and instantly see the comparison results. Comparing texts has never been this easy.
What exactly has changed, what is really the same? How often do you get back a document and are still uncertain about the changes? Why is it such a hard task to juggle with revisions edited by many authors? If you just want to see what happened, then PDiff Express is made for you.
PDiff Express allows you to compare the content of two PDFs in order to pinpoint all textual changes. Just drag and drop two versions into PDiff and you will see all differences at a glance. This still works if fonts, layout, hyphenation or even page breaks were altered.
PDiff Express is an ideal solution to compare versions of your
- important office documents
- mission critical technical manuals
- legal texts and business contracts
- financial reports
- manuscripts and thesis texts
- scientific articles, reports, and proceedings
- fictional books and non-fiction books
- copywriting to press-ready layout
- fast and reliable PDF text comparison for multipage documents
- highlighting of differences (changes, insertions, and deletions) in the PDF files
- text synopsis display with synchronized text and highlighted differences
- synchronized side-by-side display of two PDFs: see corresponding words in all displays by hovering with the mouse over the text
- comparison handles layout changes (e.g. single vs. multi column), font, size and style changes, added hyphenation and different page breaks
- spot light display to distinguish text from non-text areas
- reformatting of text according to layout of the other document
- full text search function
- easy-to-use interface for best user experience
- full Unicode support for international scripts
Need more features?
Do you need more features such as other input formats (RTF, DOC/DOCX, HTML), automation or printed proof reports? Then have a look at our PDiff Desktop, PDiff QA, and PDiff Professional at https://www.csci.de/en/pdiff.
- NEW (macOS): Universal 2 Binary for Intel x86-64 processors and ARM64 Apple Silicon (M1 / M2 /…)
- NEW: Optimizations for speed and memory consumption
- Fix: Smaller bug fixes
Version 2.3.3 (macOS only):
- Fix: Compatibility with new Apple M1 chip
Version 2.3.2 (macOS only):
- Fix: Compatibility with macOS Big Sur
Version 2.3.1 (macOS only):
- Fix: Fixed a possible crash for PDF files containing characters with zero height or width
- NEW: Demo report (one page) for in-app purchase “Annotated PDF Reports”
- NEW: List of page thumbnails for PDF A and PDF B
- Overview of the entire document and current page
- Fast page navigation
- Page error counter on page thumbnails
- Display of excluded pages (orange “X”)
- NEW: Mouse wheel support for scrolling between PDF pages facilitates fast reviewing of long documents
- NEW: Support for macOS Dark Mode
- NEW: Holding the ALT key at program start shows a dialog to reset all saved window positions and layouts.
- Fix: Position of word marker and displayed page when stepping through the synopsis table
- Fix: Issues with resizing exclusion boxes boxes
- Fix: GUI reactivity for extremely large PDF files (> 4000 pages)
- FREEMIUM LICENCE MODEL WITH IN-APP PURCHASE
- free version compares PDF files with up to 3 pages (max. 1000 words)
- in-app purchase for unlimited PDF input (free upgrade for PDiff Express 1.x users)
- in-app purchase for comparison reports as annotated PDFs
- thumbnail widget of all differences for quick overview and navigation
- menu item Windows > Differences for a navigable list of differences including differences per character
- menu item Windows > Separate Windows supports splitting into separate windows to work in dual monitor environments
- retina display support
- New toolbar
- New menu item View > Show special characters
- New menu item View > Show text flow
- Added a statistic widget to the window status bar
- Fixed a crash in conjunction with some accessibility features of OS X 10.8 and OS X 10.9 turned on (System Preferences > Accessibility)
- Compatibility with OS X 10.10
- Improved performance for long documents
- Fix for PDFs with problematic characters (empty quads)
- Compatibility with OS X 10.9.1
- Minor changes and improvements
- Compatibility with OS X 10.9
- Exclusion rects (e.g. for page headers and footers): In the PDF preview pane, click and hold at the first corner then drag to the second corner. Right click an exclusion rect for more options
- Page ranges (right click on the PDF preview pane)
- Additional settings, esp. adjustable colors
- Append documents (File menu) allows to compare texts distributed over multiple files
- New parameter to prevent undesired synchronization of differences at frequent short word sequences (e.g. “and”, “by the”, …)
- Added an alert for PDFs without extractable text
- New menu items File > Open Document A/B to open files with a file chooser dialog in addition to existing drag ‘n drop mechanism
- Fixed a memory leak
- Speed-up by factor 3 or more (depending on number of CPU cores)
- Fix for media box origin different from (0,0)
- Improved display of differences only (switch under the text synopsis display). Hover over a diff in the lower window pane to jump directly to its position in the PDF.
- Additional GUI elements
- Initial release
PDiff Express 2.4 has been released in the Mac App Store and for Windows in the Microsoft Store. With PDiff Express, private customers can compare PDF files quickly and easily. PDiff Express is available under a freemium license, which can be extended by in-app purchases to obtain additional features.
PDiff Express was reviewed by the Mac Informer editorial team and received the 5* Editor’s Pick Award.
Our 10 insider tips are the condensate from years of work in the field PDF comparison and the feedback from renowned customers in all industries. We are happy to share this secret knowledge with you.