The new version PDiff 2.0 has been released. New features in this major release of the text-based PDF comparison solution are among others:
- NEW: Additional report format (side-by-side) under the menu item File >
Save annotated PDF A+B. The report contains a side-by-side comparison of PDF A and PDF B
with highlighted differences.
- NEW: A thumbnail view (in the middle between PDF A und PDF B) that
gives you an overview of all differences throughout the document
- NEW: Advanced features for reviewing and hiding of accepted or irrelevant differences: Rows with OK checkmark change in the synopsis table from red to white, are no longer highlighted in red in the PDF view, and with lighter color in the thumbnail view and annotated reports [QA][Pro]
- NEW: Functions for selection and navigation in sections
- NEW: Comparison engine with extended functions and settings
- Recognition of text with strikethrough as text attribute
(requires Text Extraction Flag
- Match capitalized text (see Settings > Comparison)
- Slashes ("/") at line breaks are treated like hyphenations
- New Toolbar Button Automated Guess for Replacements
- Settings > Report > Lock Comments in Annotated PDFs (Default: on)
- New Settings > App > PDF Colorspace: Display of PDF files can be changed to Grayscale (Default: RGB). If your PDF files already contain colored highlighted text, this option allows to avoid confusion with the colored markings of PDiff.
- Optional comparison of text positions, new difference type "POS" (see Settings > Comparison > Text coordinates must match & Text coordinate tolerance)
- Improvements for RTL text (e.g. Arabic) in screen display and
new option Settings > Text Extraction Flags >
- Autodetect function for the exclusion of page headers/footers (in the context menu Rectangular Exclusions of the PDF A/B view widgets)
- Speedup due to optimized internal data structures
- Recognition of text with strikethrough as text attribute (requires Text Extraction Flag
- NEW: Menu item Extras > Check for Updates
- NEW: Extensions for batch processing and workflow integration: XML export and CSV export, new command line arguments for output of different report formats [Pro]
- NEW: Improved screen display on high-resolution displays (e.g. 4K monitors or retina displays)
- Several minor bug fixes
PDiff shows you quickly and safely all text differences between two PDF documents - as a comparison of the two PDFs and with markings of the deviations. So you can check intended revisions quickly and find unintended changes at first glance.
Applications of PDiff are among others: important business documents, pharmaceutical packaging and medical leaflets, technical manuals, legal documents and contracts, financial reports, manuscripts, book texts as well as price lists and catalogs.
PDiff is available as 64-bit version for Windows and Mac OS X. Both versions are based on the proven Adobe® PDF Library™. Business customers can request a free trial at http://www.csci.de/en/pdiff/trial.