The new version PDiff 3.2 has been released. New features in this release of the text-based PDF comparison solution are among others:
- NEW: Start dialog to create new projects
- PDF A and PDF B can be inserted by drag-and-drop
- alternatively: click on the drop targets to open a file selection dialog
- if an import converter is configured, other formats can also be inserted (e.g. Word files)
- a page range can be specified in advance for both PDFs
- additional function: previously saved XML files with exclusion areas and/or text replacements can be inserted "over" the documents as a additional input files using drag-and-drop
- NEW: Report Annotated PDF A+B with extended information in the appendix
- NEW: Report Annotated PDF A+B also shows exclusion areas
- NEW: Contemporary design of the synopsis table (lower window half)
- NEW: For protected (signed) PDF inputs, an annotated PDF A, PDF B or PDF A+B can still be generated. In this case, the reports contain pages with rendered images instead of the original PDF pages.
- NEW: Report Annotated PDF A+B shows in the appendix pages numbers for the differences
- NEW: Dialog Authentification will be automatically displayed if the proxy server requires user credentials
- Fix: Handling of download errors when opening help pages
- Fix (Mac version): Compatibility mit macOS 11 Big Sur
- Fix (Mac version): Compatibility with new Apple M1 Chip
- Fix (Windows version): Username in the column Log contained illegal characters which caused the following date not to be displayed and tabular reports could be truncated
- Fix: In case of problems with the license key, the license key can be edited the next time the app is started.
- Fix: Position of word marker and displayed page when stepping through the synopsis table
- Fix: Issues with resizing exclusion boxes/table boxes
- Fix: GUI reactivity for extremely large PDF files (> 4000 pages)
- Fix: If an extension fails for the current session, a new session is automatically started.
- Fix: Batch processing with Floating Licence
- Fix: Text inputs in the column comment of the synopsis table
- Update: New Adobe PDF Library Version 18.0.3PlusP1k
PDiff shows you quickly and safely all text differences between two PDF documents – as a comparison of the two PDFs and with markings of the deviations. So you can check intended revisions quickly and find unintended changes at first glance.
PDiff easily outperforms document comparison with the naked eye in terms of speed and precision: a human reader achieves an average reading performance of 200 words per minute with an error detection rate of 75%. On the other hand, PDiff manages about 400000 words per minute – that’s 2000 times faster – and above all it works tirelessly with 100% accuracy.
Applications of PDiff are among others: legal documents and contracts, pharmaceutical packaging and medical leaflets, important business documents, technical manuals, financial reports, manuscripts, book texts as well as price lists and catalogs.
PDiff is available as 64-bit version for Windows and macOS. Both versions are based on the proven Adobe® PDF Library™. Business customers can request a free trial at https://www.csci.de/en/pdiff/trial.