The new version PDiff 3.5 has been released. New features in this release of the text-based PDF comparison solution are among others:
- NEW (Mac version): New Add-On OCR for text recognition in
documents without extractable text
- When the user inserts a new document without extractable text, PDiff automatically suggests to reconstruct the text content using the integrated OCR text recognition.
- In the context menu of the PDF view of PDF A or PDF B, there is a new menu entry OCR if the add-on is activated.
- Under Settings > App > OCR Languages one or more languages can be selected for OCR text recognition. The order can be changed with the arrow buttons.
- Fix: Smaller bug fixes and optimizations for speed and memory consumption
- Fix: Replace function had no effect
- Fix: XML output extended by <p> tags
PDiff shows you quickly and safely all text differences between two PDF documents – as a comparison of the two PDFs and with markings of the deviations. So you can check intended revisions quickly and find unintended changes at first glance.
PDiff easily outperforms document comparison with the naked eye in terms of speed and precision: a human reader achieves an average reading performance of 200 words per minute with an error detection rate of 75%. On the other hand, PDiff manages about 400000 words per minute – that’s 2000 times faster – and above all it works tirelessly with 100% accuracy.
Applications of PDiff are among others: legal documents and contracts, pharmaceutical packaging and medical leaflets, important business documents, technical manuals, financial reports, manuscripts, book texts as well as price lists and catalogs.
PDiff is available as 64-bit version for Windows and macOS. Both versions are based on the proven Adobe® PDF Library™. Business customers can request a free trial at https://www.csci.de/en/pdiff/trial.