The new version PDiff 3.7 has been released. New features in this release of the text-based PDF comparison solution are among others:
- NEW: Under Settings > Report> Flags several settings for content,
layout and actions after saving can be selected from the following list:
annot: lock comments- Lock comments in annotated PDFs
annot: prepend report- Prepend tabular report in front of annotated PDFs
annot: skip ok sections- Do not show sections checked off with "OK" in annotated PDFs
open- Action on save: Open
reduce file size- Reduce PDF file size with the integrated Adobe PDF optimizer
reveal- Acion on save: Reveal in File Manager
title page- Create title page
- NEW: Dialog Edit > Edit Replacements has a new button Test to perform a test run of all replacement rules on both input documents
- Update: Latest Adobe PDF Library version 18.0.4PlusP2k
- Fix: Improved detection of style attributes underline and strikethrough for documents with inverse text, rotated text, or for documents with hidden PDF layers
- Fix (Mac version): Add-on OCR could crash on inverse text
- Fix: Highlighting of words in the PDF preview avoids artefacts from merging distant words
- Fix: Do not restore saved window positions for the view Separate Windows when external monitors are no longer connected
- Fix: Improved detection of the text styles underline and strikethrough for documents with watermarks in the background
- Fix: Menu item Edit > Edit Replacements after loading a project
- Fix: Handling of malformed PDF files improved
PDiff shows you quickly and safely all text differences between two PDF documents – as a comparison of the two PDFs and with markings of the deviations. So you can check intended revisions quickly and find unintended changes at first glance.
PDiff easily outperforms document comparison with the naked eye in terms of speed and precision: a human reader achieves an average reading performance of 200 words per minute with an error detection rate of 75%. On the other hand, PDiff manages about 400000 words per minute – that’s 2000 times faster – and above all it works tirelessly with 100% accuracy.
Applications of PDiff are among others: legal documents and contracts, pharmaceutical packaging and medical leaflets, important business documents, technical manuals, financial reports, manuscripts, book texts as well as price lists and catalogs.
PDiff is available as 64-bit version for Windows and macOS. Both versions are based on the proven Adobe® PDF Library™. Business customers can request a free trial at https://www.csci.de/en/pdiff/trial.